Thursday, April 05, 2007

Time squirrels by

I spent my last week taking care of my friend Varun @ CalTech. Despite his surgery, this dude had the enthu to limp around to classes. After dropping him at one of his classes, I met a nice squirrel, which kept me engrossed for about 30 minutes....

It was a nice lesson dealing with many broad topics.... photography, patience, speed, stealth and finally the quirks of life.

Some snaps of the trblsome character below.

Few pointers, in the chronology that I learnt them:
  1. Squirrels run around..... a LOT...
  2. They are verrrry inquisitive, and can be lured by simple things like a hand-wave, or b
  3. Half the times they don't catch you, if u r smart, and are content with munching on whatever they have found the latest.


  4. Some planning is required, though sometimes a nice photo plops around without you doing anything :)



  5. U need to be really fast and ready when the shot presents itself, unlike below :(

  6. When the shot does present itself, it isn't necessary that you will capture it.If you do capture the shot, it isn't necessary that your memory card will store the image. :(( I executed an amazing snap, forcing the squirrel to jump, capturing it in mid-flight, after setting all the cam controls. The cam preview showed the squirrel frozen at the middle of the picture, between the fence and the tree, but the ^&%*%$* card dint record. I had missed a few previous snaps due to it, but missing this snap hurt the most :((
All in all, it was a great time... I found another squirrel and could get a few good snaps, before the card messed up again. :(







....... Squirrels are fun :D:D