Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ahoy from foreign shores

My first post from foreign shores....

Am settling in to LA ... my body clock is yet to finetune it to pacific time.. it wildly is oscillating from Pacific time to Eastern time... ;) Flight was cooo. had a nice seat just ahead o the wng.. and so able to see both the view, as well as the thrust reversal during landing.... mandar's addition to Murphys law did aply, with me having a elderly couple for company... ~X( (mandar is gonna die ;) !)

BTW My apt rocks.... we have got a nice 2BHK apt for 5 of us... and everyone of us has settled in fine... Its close to the univ, the bank, as well as the local supermarket.... (10 min walk to all of these) ....we are on the lookout these days for any drawers or desks that we can lay our hands on... We have 'jugado-ed' abt 8 mattresses, 10 drawers, a few chairs, 3 sets of sofas.. :) I hit a jackpot today when I got my hands on to about 1-20 novels.. no idea when I will get the chance to read them once sem starts ... sicne I am planning to take 4 courses #-o :-ss

Speaking of Books am reading the fountainhead, by Ayn Rand.... it seems to be as gud as pl say it is.. ;) More critical comments later, when I finish it

Have started the gym.. as of ystrday.. the fitness centrerw rocks.. with rows after rows of nice advanced equipment(steppers/jogges/bikes) It has a few raquetball courts and a ROCK CLIMBING arena as well (*drool*)

Am currently writing this from the Powell building which acts as te main library.... more updates as events warrant
N

2 comments:

Dagny said...

Great going dude!
Keep us updated
:-)
-15

Anonymous said...

jaaad!